Consciously created, spiritual community and retreat center. Our vision is to raise spiritual and environmental consciousness and create space for transformation. The intention is to attract a core team of eight people with different skills to care for the land and facilities, cook and work together in balance.
Ideally, some of these people would be interested in offering workshops, courses and retreats to share their skills and knowledge with the community and guests so we learn and grow together.
Exchange at Rainbow Lodge:
Financial Exchange towards rent of land and use of communal resources:
- 50 euros per person, per calendar month.
- Minimum 2 hours per day. Maximum 20 hours per week.
- Usually from 8 am to 11 am or 5 pm to 8 pm depending on projects and weather.
Length of stay:
- Residents need to be available for a minimum of one month and there will be an initial 3 month probationer periods. There is no maximum stay.
- Outdoor and indoor kitchen, shower and compost loo.Indoor, heated shower with sink and WC, washing machine and Wi-Fi.
- Equal share of organic produce from vegetable garden, fruit trees and animals
Food & Accommodation:
- Provide & cook your own meals in the outdoor kitchen
- Provide & maintain your own accommodation
- Manage your own laundry
Daily help needed:
- Milking and herding the goats
- Feeding and caring for the dogs, cats, chickens & ducks
- Planting and maintaining the veggie garden
- Blueberry and fruit picking
- Recycling / waste removal
- Social Media assistance
Routine maintenance includes:
- Brush cutting paths and fields
- Land clearing
- Track Maintenance
- Cutting firewood
- Building furniture and developing onsite facilities
We also have a few projects planned:
- Outdoor shower & Compost loos
- Creating a market garden
- Making earthen decks for guest accommodation
- Developing shaded areas for creative/ relaxation space
- Sweat Lodge for ceramonies
- Building additional shelter to extend our animal family
- Building a natural pond
- Developing retreat facilities and areas
We tend to visit the local shops by car once or twice a week, there is no public transport and we are a 20 minute walk from the nearest village and cafe.
- There is a river beach about ten minutes drive, so bring some swimwear / shorts.
- A head torch is handy for getting around at night.
- Warm clothing for cold nights (hat, gloves, socks, etc)
- Cool clothes for hot days (sun hat, shorts, flip flops, etc)
- Waterproof clothing (winter season)
- Practical shoes… trainers / walking boots.
- Natural, organic toiletries (soap/shampoo/conditioner, etc)
- Torch / solar powered lights
- Gardening gloves (if required)
- Sleeping bag / tent (if required)
- A positive, can do attitude!
If you’re coming as a resident to us, please bear in mind that we work as the weather, materials, machinery/power availability dictates…flexibility is important here.