Volunteering with us is a rewarding way to experience off grid living and the surrounding landscape Rainbow Lodge has to offer.
We will do our best to create opportunity for you to grow in your areas of interest.
We have set out below some guidelines for volunteers during their stay.
- 5 hours a day, 5 days a week (Maximum 25 hours per week)
- Usually between 8 am to 11 am and 5 pm to 8 pm depending on projects and weather.
- You can work the hours you prefer provided your 5 hours are fulfilled.
Length of stay:
- Volunteers need to be available for a minimum of 2 weeks
Accommodation & meals provided:
- During the summer we have a tent available for volunteers
- There is a caravan available in the cooler winter months
- Outdoor kitchen and compost loo available for use
- Indoor, heated shower available depending on guests in house
- 3 meals per day and hot drinks are provided, we ask volunteers to make their own meals and assist with cooking for the community.
- Fruit from the land is available to snack on, outside of this we ask you to provide your own extras
Daily help needed:
- Milking and herding the goats
- Feeding and caring for the pets, chickens & ducks
- Planting, Maintaining and watering the veggie garden
- Cooking meals
- Cleaning the house, guest accommodation and making beds
- Guest laundry and bedding
- Blueberry, fruit and vegetable picking
Routine maintenance includes:
- Brush cutting paths and space on land
- Land clearing
- Track maintenance
- Cutting firewood
We also have a few projects planned:
- Outdoor shower & Compost loos
- Creating a market garden
- Making earthen decks and natural for guest accommodation
- Developing shaded areas for creative/ relaxation space
- Building furniture form pallets and natural resources
- Making signs and homemade decorations
- Building sweat Lodge for ceramonies
- Developing facilities for our retreats and workshops
- Building a natural pond
Because we are in a shared space it is extremely important that we practice common courtesy and respect for our home. We ask that you do not leave your things laying around and pick up after yourself.
If you would like to volunteer at Rainbow Lodge please contact us including details about yourself, your interests and what you can bring to our community:Ishtar.email@example.com