Volunteering with us is a rewarding way to experience off grid living and the surrounding landscape Rainbow Lodge has to offer. We have set out some guidelines so there is an equal energy exchange for the duration of our volunteers stay. If you would like to find out more about volunteering at Rainbow Lodge feel free to contact us on the form provided below.
– 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
– Usually from 8am to 1pm
– During the summer we tend to work a split day depending on the heat
Length of stay:
– Volunteers need to be available for a minimum of 2 weeks
Accommodation & meals provided:
– During the summer we have a tent available for volunteers.
– There is a caravan available in the winter months
– Outdoor kitchen and compost loo available
– Indoor shower available depending on guests in house
Daily help needed:
– Milking and herding the goats
– Feeding and caring for the chickens & ducks
– Planting, Maintaining and watering the veggie garden
– Blueberry picking and checking water supply (June only)
Routine maintenance includes:
– Brush cutting paths to lower fire risk
– Land clearing
– Track maintenance
– Cutting broom for firewood
– Collecting pine cones
– Cleaning rooms
– Making beds
– Laundry and organising guest bedding and towels
We also have a few projects planned:
– Fencing for goats and chickens
– Outdoor shower & Compost loos
– Vermicomposting toilet
There is no public transport near our location. We tend to visit the local shops by car once or twice a week. We are a 20 minute walk from the nearest village and cafe.
- There is a river beach about ten minutes drive, so bring some swimwear / shorts.
- A head torch is handy for getting around at night.
- Warm clothing for cold nights (hat, gloves, socks, etc)
- Cool clothes for hot days (sun hat, shorts, flip flops, etc)
- Waterproof clothing (winter season)
- Practical shoes… trainers / walking boots.
- Natural, organic toiletries (soap/shampoo/conditioner, etc)
- Torch / solar powered lights
- Gardening gloves (if required)
- Sleeping bag / tent (if required)
- A positive, can do attitude!
Do NOT Bring:
- Electrical appliances, e.g. hairdryer, hair straighteners, electric toothbrush, electric shaver, etc.
If you’re coming to volunteer with us, please bear in mind that we work according to the weather, materials, machinery/power availability dictates. Flexibility is an important part of volunteering. If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering with us, please use the contact form below.