The Rainbow Lodge community is in the early stages of gathering. One of the key aspects we want to focus on is introducing others to a ‘different way of living’, one that is resourceful and abundant. We want to grow a community that lives in harmony with our surroundings and in balance with nature. Our aim is to reconnect with the different aspects of ‘self’ but to also reconnect with each other and the land.
At Rainbow Lodge, we want to live by a few core principles which will assist us to thrive and live harmoniously as a community. Whether living here as a guest, resident or volunteer, we ask you to abide by the following principles:
– If every person in the community gave more than they took, we would all have an abundance of everything we ever need. We ask you to be conscious of this balance when staying at Rainbow Lodge.
– We ask that you are mindful throughout your day, which includes an awareness and accountability of your own thoughts, words and actions. When we have guests, we ask that they are given the space they require to enjoy their time fully at Rainbow Lodge. We seek to leave a positive impression of our community to our guests through our day to day interactions.
– We operate as one family, aiming to help and support each other. We ask that you find ways to compromise and engage in open, conscious communication with each other and resolve any disagreements peacefully.
– We recycle as much of our waste as possible and try to find ways to up-cycle. With this in mind, please try to bring as little plastic to the community as possible. This also applies to food (cooking and eating) where we try to operate a zero waste policy. We grow some fruit and vegetables, but whilst we are developing our land to increase farming capacity, we also buy fresh, seasonal produce from a local market.
– We are fully solar-powered for electric and hot water. Our water comes from a spring and is stored for drinking in a water tank. There is a dam to water the blueberries and garden. We ask you to be mindful of your usage with these precious resources and adjust your power and water usage accordingly when required. We do have a washing machine for personal laundry but guest bedding and towels take priority.
– We have wi-fi access in the house. Data is limited and can be slow at peak times. We ask you to be mindful of your usage as this is mainly used for business purposes. Usage should ideally be limited to accessing emails and other essential communication, not to download or stream vast amounts of data.
– There is a high risk of fire on our land and surrounding areas due to the hot, dry environment. If you smoke then please dispose of your cigarettes responsibly.